One Last Time

 
To be very honest, it’s been so long since I last thought about you. Yet every time I do, it still hurts.

가끔씩 나도 모르게 짜증이나
너를 향한 맘은 변하지 않았는데
혹시 내가 이상한 걸까
혼자 힘들게 지내고 있었어

Both of us know very well that we were never together, yet the two years that I got to spend with you (I’ve no idea how to even explain what kind of relationship we had) are times I probably would never forget. It’s kind of amazing how it even spanned across two years considering the fact that the times we got angry/irritated/quarreled with each other were probably more than the happy ones. Sounds epic ridiculous now that I think about it, but I was probably too blinded then because that two years was the period whereby I thought nothing else mattered more than you.

내꺼인 내꺼 아닌 내꺼 같은
니꺼인 니꺼 아닌 니꺼 같은
이게 무슨 사이인 건지 사실 헷갈려

Many times I wonder what would have happened if you popped that question earlier? I mean, what took you so long? And of all times you could have asked, you popped it during a time when I was confused and have no idea what I wanted in life. If I have to confess, I actually do wonder what would have happened if I were to say yes when you came to find me that night. Would we be happy and walk the rest of our lives together? Or things would have gotten so out of hand that we wouldn’t be friends anymore. Who am I kidding now because ever since I said “I don’t know”, I broke whatever we had, right? I honestly tried to salvage whatever friendship left, but I wonder if I hurt you so badly that you just reject every advance I made. Every time I text you, I wonder if you would reply more than a single word. It came to a point that I felt there was no use trying. Every year I tell myself the same thing yet every year I still look forward to your birthday. I guess that’s because it’s the only legitimate reason I got to text you. More like, I know you would answer out of courtesy so I wouldn’t feel so hurt if you didn’t.

I totally sound like a mess now, right?  

Still can’t believe that I dreamt of you last night and in my dreams, we managed to talk things out, like I’ve always wanted, yet didn’t get the chance to.

I know when it happened six years back, I know I wasn’t the only one hurting (but you were probably in more pain than me).

속에 놔두고 팔지
너야말로 알면서 딴청 피우지
피곤하게 빼지 말고
어서 말해줘 사랑한단 말이

Is it selfish of me if I still want this friendship back? I keep telling myself one more year, yet year after year I still hold on to that belief that we would work out fine. Guess I should stop being naïve and accept that this will never work out. So now, I’m just going to tell myself “Just one more year, Germaine. And if after October, it still doesn’t work out, then just give up and move on!”
_germx
Is it all, or nothing at all?
20150518. 1508h

Labels: , , ,

germx- 3:33 PM
0 wanted to be a famous guy!